Specially engineered for supersport cars
Safety even in the most demanding conditions
MICHELIN Pilot Super Sport holds the record for braking1 and its technologies are coming from consecutive Le Mans 24 Hour victories.
Shorter braking distance
Two metres shorter braking distance on wet roads. Compared with MICHELIN Pilot Sport PS2 on dimension 235/35 ZR 19. Internal study carried out in 2010.
THE ARAMIDE® BELT
- At very high speed, the Aramide and Nylon belt ensures greater stability.
- Its variable tension grips the centre of the tread more tightly than the shoulders. Centrifugal force is thus better controlled and forces are distributed more evenly.
- A novel distribution of two different rubber compounds between the outer and inner sides of the tread.
- Outer side: a novel carbon black-reinforced elastomer derived directly from the Le Mans 24 Hour Race. The result: extreme endurance even under the tightest cornering.
- Inner side: the latest generation of elastomers with exceptional wet grip to mould themselves to the slightest irregularities in the road surface and break the film of water.
VARIABLE CONTACT PATCH 2.0
Whether you’re accelerating flat out in a straight line or cornering at high speed, you still get optimum grip.
- When cornering, the shape of the contact patch changes but the amount of rubber in contact with the road surface stays the same.
- MICHELIN Pilot Super Sport has benefited from the latest digital simulation software used in the aeronautics and automobile industries.
- These state-of-the-art tools, have enabled the forces and temperatures to be more evenly distributed over the contact patch.
|Model||PILOT SUPER SPORT|
|Date of Production||2016|
|Wet Grip Rating||A|